Saturday, August 4, 2012

Philippians 1:19-26 ( To Live Is Christ)

Alright guys one thing, I'm posting this from mobile so I'm not gonna put the passage here. So either get your bible or just go to bible gateway and read from there.

This is quite possibly the passage of scripture that has influenced me more than any other. Verse 21 (For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain) is my life verse. It's on my youth room wall with my name under it, and it's on a necklace I wear everyday. I live by that verse because it sums up the Christian life. But let's start with verse 19. 19 and 20 actually should have been with the last section, but anyway they just speak more about what we discussed last study. Verse 21 is where we start the new section. Verses 21-26 must be talked about together to fully understand them. What does "to live is Christ" mean? Most of the time, we focus on the to die is gain part as almost a joke. But if you really look deep, this passage has so much more meaning. Paul I saying how much he wants to die to be with his Lord, but that he needs to stay on earth for the fellow believers and to continue God's work for him. He has such a strong desire to die and be with Christ, but he also has an equally strong desire to live for Christ and to give his all for Christ. His mindset should also be ours. How great a testimony? This sums up all of Christianity in one statement. To live is Christ, and to die is gain. Take that statement and live by it! Remember that nothing else matters in our lives except what we did for Christ! And that when we die, we're even better off because we're going to be with Him! I'm not saying by any means that I live this way, but I do try. I'm don't even know if it's possible to truly live like nothing matters except Christ, but we should all at least try right?

Sorry for the mini rant but this is one thing I'm passionate about. I absolutely live this passage of scripture and try to live by it. I hope you will all do the same. ~ The Disciple Jesus Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment